2. Diversity. Over time, I've learned to say "Hello," "How are you" and "Thank you!" in Spanish, Hindi, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Greek, Albanian, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Creole, Ethiopian...most of the time I'm at a restaurant but hey, it counts!
3. If I can't go on vacation I can still have a "staycation" by visiting the Cloisters, seeing the tree at Rockefellar Center, catching an opera at Lincoln Center or eating my way through Brooklyn. The possiblitlies are endless - thanks to my weekly subscription to Time Out New York!
4. I'm allowed to be obsessed with my dog with no judgement. I have yet to find a city that's just as dog crazy as New York. It's the only place where people will give you a dirty look if you don't put a sweater on your pooch - and yes Rocco owns several...and about 3 Halloween costumes!
5. I can get away with staring, stalking or eavesdropping on someone's conversation and call it "people watching."
6. I consider hailing a cab a sport - and I'm VERY good at it. (20 points if you can do it in heels!) But If I can't get a cab, I can always take the subway, bus, ferry, tram, bicycle or my two little feet to get me from point A to B.
7. Pizzas, bagels, and black and white cookies - My answer to NY Comfort Food.
8. Our Pride. Yankee Pride, Gay Pride, Asian Pride, Italian Pride, NYPD Pride, FDNY Pride, Brooklyn Pride, Harlem Pride, Broadway Pride, Latin Pride, Tennis Pride, Food Pride, Pitbull Pride, Harmonica Pride, Paper Clip Pride...you get my point - we have a lot of it, 'nuff said!
9. I can be whoever I want, dress however I want, practice any religion I want, love and marry any person I want and no one cares. Yay tolerance!
10. I have witnessed that during times of great need, New Yorkers are strong enough to put their differences aside and help our fellow man. Which is why I will Never Forget why my city is the greatest city in the world.
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GOD BLESS NEW YORK
You are my home, you are beautiful and I will ALWAYS love you!